1) take the stairs and not the elevators - at least we have generators to cover for ("unexpected") power cuts!
2) save the files on your computer - at least we have a UPS for that!
3) make sure your alarm has fully operating emergency batteries - use your cellphone! Who cares about being so punctual anyway?
4) unplug all sensitive electrical items - ahh, that's why we have to change the TV set every 3 years!
5) make sure the electric installations are not damaged - we don't have any, so that's cool!
5) don't open your fridge in order to keep your food fresh - I guess they don't have Picon or Smeds!